On July 5, 2019, a grant agreement was signed with a № B2.6c.19 “Mineral Paths: Vacation and Nature in a blink (MINERAL PATHS)”, funded under the INTERREG VA Greece-Bulgaria Cooperation Program 2014-2020.
|Organization Contractor:||Municipality of Mineralni Bani, Bulgaria|
|Organization Partners:||Association “Savremie”, Bulgaria
Municipality of Myki, Greece
Southwestern University “Neofit Rilski”, Bulgaria
Yakoruda Municipality, Bulgaria
|Duration of the project:||31.06.2022|
|Project cost:||EUR 1,103,436.65|
The INTERREG V-A Greece-Bulgaria 2014-2020 Cross-Border Cooperation Program was established within the framework of the European Strategy for Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive Growth and for Achieving Economic, Social and Territorial Cohesion. The main idea of the Program is based on the fact that, as two neighboring countries with a rich past, together they can solve the various problems they face more urgently than if they limit themselves within their borders. The Program promotes activities that bring our peoples together and contribute to closer cooperation on four priority axes:
– A competitive and innovative cross-border region,
– Sustainable and climate-resilient cross-border region,
– Cross-border region with improved interconnection,
– Cross-border region with a high degree of social inclusion.
The project “Mineral Paths: Vacation and Nature in a blink / MINERAL PATHS /” has been developed and approved under Priority Axis 2: Sustainable and climate-adaptable cross-border region, Investment Priority 6c – Preservation, protection, promotion and development of natural and cultural heritage.
The overall goal of the MINERAL PATHS project is the preservation, protection, promotion and development of the natural heritage of mineral springs, as a means of promoting the development of tourism and increasing competitiveness in the cross-border region. The project will study the mineral springs in the target region, propose measures for their successful exposure and propose an audiovisual product as a means to widely promote the potential for development and tourism in the region. In addition, construction and repair works and equipment of the buildings of the baths with mineral water in the Municipality of Mineralni Bani, the Municipality of Yakoruda and the Municipality of Myki / Greece / are envisaged.
To ensure the achievement of the specific objectives, the project is organized in five work packages:
– Work package 1: Project management and coordination. This package of activities aims to ensure its smooth implementation, resolution of problems and regular financial control.
– Work package 2: Communication and dissemination of information. All activities and achieved results will be popularized in order to achieve better public awareness.
– Work package 3: Market research, includes study of the therapeutic qualities of mineral springs, identification of good practices, development of an action plan for development of a new thematic tourist product “Mineral paths” and increasing the capacity of SMEs in the region through training and exchange of know-how.
– Work package 4: Activities for development of the tourist product “Mineral paths”. Within the envisaged activities, a project study and implementation of measures for rehabilitation and equipment of the buildings of the baths with mineral water in the Municipality of Mineralni Bani, Yakoruda Municipality and Myki Municipality / Greece /, as well as development of a quality management system for mineral water sources in the cross-border region.
– Work package 5: Promotion of the tourist product “Mineral roads”. It is planned to develop and distribute a high-quality audio-visual product, which will be widely promoted among business companies and organizations, NGOs engaged in the field of tourism, state and municipal administrations and the general public.
The total value of the project is EUR 1,103,436.65, and the amount is 100% grant.
For more information: Teodora Pehlivanova – Project Manager, phone: (03722) 20-20, e-mail: email@example.com
This publication was created within the project “Mineral Trails: Vacation and Nature for a Moment (MINERAL PATHS)”, co-financed by the European Union through the Cross-border Cooperation Program INTERREG V-A Greece – Bulgaria 2014-2020. The responsibility for the content of the publication lies with the Municipality of Mineralni Bani, Haskovo District and under no circumstances can this document be considered to reflect the official opinion of the European Union and the Managing Authority.